Starting 2020 the Faculty of Physics, Mathematics and Computer Sciences offers two scholarships (830 € per month each) for the Master of Science in Physics Program. The scholarship is granted for one year (12 months).
Who is eligible?
International students who received their Bachelor of Science degree from a foreign university. To be granted the scholarship you need to have admission to the Master of Science in Physics Program. To facilitate the process, you can apply for the scholarship as soon as you start your application for admission. It is possible to exclude applications for the scholarship if the grade point average (GPA) is lower than 2.4 (German grading system).
What do I need to apply?
Please hand in the following documents in English or with an official English translation as one pdf-file via email to email@example.com:
- diploma of your Bachelor’s degree with a transcript of records
- letter detailing your motivation for studying in Germany and a description of former extracurricular commitments
- if applicable: certificates or other documents you wish to add
- proof of English proficiency
Please make sure to indicate when (which semester) you plan to start your studies.
When is the application deadline?
The application deadline is on August 15, 2020 if you want to start your studies for the following winter term (begins on November 2, 2020) and February 15, 2020 for the following summer term (begins on April 1, 2020).
How are applications selected?
The selection committee consists of at least three members of the Department of Physics as well as the donors. They evaluate all applications based on their merits (in this order):
- GPA of Bachelor degree
- other academic achievements
- extracurricular commitments during Bachelor studies
- willingness to participate in extracurricular activities in the field of internationalization at JGU (e.g. as tutor for new international students or as JGU ambassador in your home country)
In case of equal qualifications, female applicants are given preference over male applicants, as women are still underrepresented in Physics. Possible candidates for a scholarship can be invited to an interview.
When will I hear about the results?
You will be notified by email by September 1st (applications for the winter term) or March 1st (applications for the summer term).
For further questions regarding the DAAD-Göbel Matching Funds Scholarships please contact: